Resolving your complaint is important to us
We are committed to providing high quality services and products so if you have a complaint, please let us know. We will investigate your concerns as quickly as possible to resolve them to your satisfaction.
Lodging a Complaint
You can lodge a complaint by doing one of the following:
- Contacting your Perpetual financial adviser, trust manager or client manager directly.
- Online – please complete our online complaint submission form. Go to the form
- By telephone, to 1800 022 033
- Via email MyComplaint@perpetual.com.au
- By Post to:
Client Advocacy Team
GPO Box 4171
Sydney NSW 2001
If you are lodging a written complaint and have any documents or records (including account statements and any records of correspondence with Perpetual) that highlight what has gone wrong, please include these when you lodge a complaint.
We recognise that some of our clients might require assistance to lodge a complaint. We are happy to accept complaints made on behalf of our clients by their authorised representatives or advocates.
What happens once you have lodged a complaint?
- If you have lodged a written complaint, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint, normally by the next business day.
- We aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as we can and, where possible within five business days from receipt of all information that we need from you.If we are not able to do so, we will let you know and will advise of the likely timeframe for a response.
- If your complaint remains open after five business days, we will aim to have it resolved:
- Within 90 days if your complaint relates to trustee services, including superannuation.
- Within 21 days if your complaint relates to credit or financial hardship matters.
- Within 30 days for any other complaints.
- We may contact you to seek further information or clarification regarding your complaint.
- For all complaints that are not resolved within five business days, we will provide you with a written response, outlining the investigation that we have performed, the findings of that investigation and the proposed resolution. We will also provide you with a written response for complaints resolved within five business days if you request one, or if we are required to provide one.
- For certain complaints, particularly in relation to mortgages and credit matters, external parties may be responsible for managing your complaint. If you lodge a complaint of this type, we will let you know, normally within 48 hours that your complaint is being managed by an external party and of their details.
What if the issue is not resolved?
Once we have finalised our investigation of your complaint, we appreciate you might not agree with our position or you might not accept the resolution that we have proposed.
If you are not happy with our response to your complaint, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) may be able to assist you. AFCA is the external dispute resolution scheme established by the Commonwealth Government to deal with complaints about financial services providers from individuals and small businesses. AFCA service is at no cost to you.
AFCA’s contact details are as outlined below.
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
Phone: 1800 931 678
Postal Address: Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
If you contact AFCA and they are not able to assist you, other options to resolve your complaint may be available. Please contact our Client Advocacy Team for further information.