The rise of responsible investing and increasing sensitivity to ESG factors means property investors are under pressure – social, commercial and reputationally – to go green when it comes to commercial property.
But does going green make sense?
Perpetual Corporate Trust’s Investment Management property team have delved into the issue. To find a conclusion they looked at five main areas:
- The ESG factors most widely used in assessing a commercial property investment in Australia;
- Previous studies designed to evaluate a premium – if any – attached to green buildings;
- Cost-benefit analysis based on empirical research;
- Recent regulatory changes that affect building compliance and design feasibility – and what this trend is likely to deliver in the future; and
- The level and type of tax concessions afforded to investors in ‘green’ buildings.
Find out the result of their research in the new white paper - Are Green Building Benefits Quantifiable?