Perpetual and Squire Patton Boggs recently co-sponsored the New Future of Leaders in the Corporate Finance Sector event. The event addressed issues of diversity and flexibility in the corporate finance sector.
Creating an equal and effective workplace
Top of the agenda was the importance of a cooperative approach to creating a more diverse, equal and efficient workplace.
The panellists were:
- Gladys Berejiklian (MP, Treasurer of NSW, and Minister of Industrial Relations)
- Christine Feldmanis (Non-Executive Director of the Perpetual Equity Investment Company Limited)
- Yasser el-Ansary (CEO of the Australian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association Limited)
- Campbell Davidson, Managing Partner, Squire Patton Boggs, Sydney
Gladys Berejiklian discusses diversity at the New Future of Leaders in the Corporate Finance Sector event.
What were the main issues discussed?
The panel discussed a range of topics with the audience, including:
- Reshaping the perception of “flexibility” in the workplace so that it is no longer considered a synonym for working “part-time”
- Embracing technology as an enabler of flexible working
- The need to increase positive male and female role models in corporate finance leadership positions so to promote diversity in the workplace
Why is flexibility so crucial?
In order for businesses to meet the ever increasing demands of a global client base, the workplace needs to provide flexibility for both men and women. This ‘elasticity’ within an organisation is a lever for high performance, and is increasingly regarded as essential for the efficient functioning of a 21st century business.
Part of the New Frontier program
This event was part of the New Frontier program that aims to promote gender equality, flexibility and diversity in the corporate finance sector. This program intends to inspire and drive socio-economic and cultural change, to build better workplaces and create a new future of leaders in the corporate finance sector.
The next New Future of Leaders in the Corporate Finance Sector event will be held in 2016.