We’re one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and investing in our people.
We are here to support our clients to flourish and our people to grow - we’re passionate about enabling a sustainable future for our community while delivering growth for our shareholders. What we do goes beyond managing money, why we do it is to create a better future.
We’re known in the market for our trusted brand and longstanding client relationships, we’ve worked hard to earn this reputation, which is a direct result of the high quality team we have here at Perpetual.
We value smart, innovative and client focused people who are motivated to get stuff done!
WHAT WE STAND FOR
EXCELLENCE . INTEGRITY . PARTNERSHIP
We have a high-performance culture which both supports and empowers our people to deliver their best work.
Perpetual’s strong heritage is built on trust, integrity, stability, and unwavering focus on doing the right thing.
Our employee experience is unique - our headcount makes us a smaller sized firm, but we create a big impact with the work we do. Working here, you’ll not only be part of a growing global team, but you’ll be working closely with key decision-makers to make an impact.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with high-calibre people, be encouraged to innovate and grow your skills, whilst delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Mental Health and Wellbeing of our Team
We want our people to thrive at work and at home
A Future-Fit Workplace
Empowering our people to work WHERE and HOW they work best
Diversity and Inclusion
Creating positive and sustainable change
We’re passionate about the mental health and wellbeing of our team as we want our people to be able to thrive both at work and at home. We recently signed-up to Headspace, to give our employees and their families free access to the market-leading app designed to help improve health and wellbeing through mindfulness and meditation.
At Perpetual we are serious about Flexibility as we believe it drives better business outcomes and know that it is important to our people. We know flexibility looks different for everyone. Our goal is to empower our people with a measure of control over when, where and how they work to deliver their best work.
We also have a strong commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. We have an employee Diversity Council, chaired by our CEO and we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace environment where individual differences and diverse views are valued.
We’re proud to be accredited as a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
When it comes to our employee benefits we have everything you'd expect, and more. We are passionate about protecting and growing the wealth of all Australians and positioning them for financial security in retirement. This starts at home for us, and our portfolio of benefits are designed to help employees balance their personal and professional lives and reach their financial goals.
Come and work at Perpetual to enjoy:
SUPER AND LEAVE
- 12% Super contributions for all staff
- An additional 5 days of paid Leave each year (Contribution Leave)
- Ability to purchase an additional 4 weeks of annual leave per year.
Market competitive parental leave benefits:
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Company Super contributions for up to 12 months parental Leave
- 4 weeks paid Secondary Carers Leave.
Access to ‘Perpetual Discounts’ providing discounts and special offers on entertainment, clothing, homeware, gift cards, technology, travel, dining and more.
Employees can save up to 4% on their health insurance with Bupa corporate products and have access to a unique corporate plan with HCF.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
EAP is a professional, confidential counselling service run by an external company, Davidson Trahaire Corpsych. The EAP offers short term, confidential counselling, either in person, online or over the phone.
Each year Perpetual offers employees the option of receiving a flu vaccination.
Health screenings comprising of a 10 minute check of blood pressure, total cholesterol and glucose levels are offered to all employees.
- Access to Perpetual investment products at reduced fees
- Complimentary Employee Financial Health Checks, with our inhouse Wealth Management Team.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our purpose is: ENDURING PROSPERITY for our PEOPLE, our CLIENTS and the COMMUNITIES within which we live and work
Given this strategic ambition, Diversity + Inclusion has never been more important for us and is part of our DNA at Perpetual.
Through the three strategic goals of our 2024 D+I Strategy we are focused on creating a fulfilling, diverse and inclusive place to work.
Our D+I Council meets every two months, to progress our D+I strategy against each of the areas of focus.
A high-performance culture that empowers our people to grow
A level playing field for all
Our people feel valued and confident to bring their unique self to work
An Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. Perpetual is proud to be a Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the fourth year running.
Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
We’ve achieved a lot in diversity and inclusion, but here are some of the initiatives that we are most proud of:
- Maintaining our WGEA Employer of Choice Citation for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Progress made towards our 40% Women in Leadership Target
- Annual participation in WiBF (Women in Banking + Finance) Mentoring for Success Program to build our female talent pipeline and future Perpetual leaders
- Perpetual’s Parents at Work partnership, supporting our people manage their ongoing work life, wellbeing and caring responsibilities
- Celebration of LGBTIQ+ Pride Day
- Development of Perpetual’s Domestic and Family policy and strategy
- Our longstanding Jawun partnership and commitment to the ongoing annual secondment program.
- Launch of Financial Acuwomen.
HOW PERPETUAL IS LOOKING AFTER OUR PEOPLE DURING COVID-19
In March 2020, along with other employers, Perpetual had to respond quickly to an unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic impacting our people and workplace.
Central to our response plan has always been the safety and wellbeing of our people.
We’re a people business, we know that our people are our expertise and our competitive advantage, so we have taken by-in-large a productivity focused approach to weather the storm and make the most of this situation:
- Technology to enable firm-wide remote working (Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Docusign)
- Upskilling our Leaders, through Leader Webinars to lead through uncertain times
- Signing up to Headspace, to give our employees and their families free access to proactively manage their wellbeing
- Launching a ‘Future Workplace Project’ to optimize the benefits we’ve all felt whilst working from home and define how we want to work in the future.