We’re one of Australia’s leading financial institutions because for over 130 years we have been putting our clients first and investing in our people.
We are here to support our clients to flourish and our people to grow - we’re passionate about enabling a sustainable future for our community while delivering growth for our shareholders. What we do goes beyond managing money, why we do it is to create a better future.
We’re known in the market for our trusted brand and longstanding client relationships, we’ve worked hard to earn this reputation, which is a direct result of the high-quality team we have here at Perpetual.
We value smart, innovative and client focused people who are motivated to get stuff done!
Delivering exceptional outcomes
Doing what's right
We have a high-performance culture, anchored in trust which empowers our people to deliver their best work. Central to this is our commitment to a Hybrid Working model, which means that the majority of our people balance their working week between their home and the office.
Perpetual’s strong heritage is built on trust, integrity, stability, and unwavering focus on doing the right thing.
Our employee experience is unique - our headcount makes us a smaller sized firm, but we create a big impact with the work we do. Working here, you’ll not only be part of a growing global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with high-calibre people whilst delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients.
When it comes to our employee benefits, we have everything that you'd expect, and more. We are passionate about protecting and growing the wealth of all Australians and positioning them for financial security in retirement. This starts at home for us with our employee benefits.
Come and work at Perpetual to enjoy:
SUPER AND LEAVE
- 12% Super contributions for all staff
- An additional 5 days of paid Leave each year (Contribution Leave)
- Ability to purchase an additional 4 weeks of annual leave per year.
Market competitive parental leave benefits:
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Company Super contributions for up to 12 months parental Leave
- 4 weeks paid Secondary Carers Leave.
Access to ‘Perpetual Discounts’ providing discounts and special offers on entertainment, clothing, homeware, gift cards, technology, travel, dining and more.
Employees can save up to 4% on their health insurance with Bupa corporate products and have access to a unique corporate plan with HCF.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
EAP is a professional, confidential counselling service run by an external company, Davidson Trahaire Corpsych. The EAP offers short term, confidential counselling, either in person, online or over the phone.
Each year Perpetual offers employees the option of receiving a flu vaccination.
Health screenings comprising of a 10 minute check of blood pressure, total cholesterol and glucose levels are offered to all employees.
- Access to Perpetual investment products at reduced fees
- Complimentary Employee Financial Health Checks, with our inhouse Wealth Management Team.
MENTAL HEALTH + WELLBEING
We’re passionate about the mental health and wellbeing of our team as we want our people to be able to thrive both at work and at home. Our teams and their families all have free access to Headspace, the market-leading app designed to help improve wellbeing through mindfulness and meditation.
Perpetual also has entered into a partnership with LifeChanger, in support of a growing pandemic facing today’s youth.
A high-performance culture that empowers our people to grow
A level playing field for all
Our people feel valued and confident to bring their unique self to work
Our purpose is . . .
Enduring prosperity for our people, our clients and the communities within which we live and work.
Given this strategic ambition, Diversity + Inclusion (D+I) has never been more important for us and is part of our DNA at Perpetual.
Our D+I Council is chaired by our CEO and meets every two months to progress our strategy and key initiatives.
Read more about our D+I Strategy.
We’ve achieved a lot in D+I, but here are some of the initiatives that we are most proud of:
- Longstanding Flexibility culture – we’ve empowered our people to work where we work best!
- Maintaining our WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Positive progress made towards our 40% Women in Leadership target
- Perpetual and our CEO have pledged support for #IStandForRespect a campaign for zero tolerance of sexual harassment in the workplace
- Our CEO is an active member of the Champions of Change Coalition supporting our gender equality agenda
- Commitment and partnership with Future Impact, creating a stronger female pipeline for the investment management industry
- Annual participation in WiBF (Women in Banking + Finance) Mentoring for Success Program to build our female talent pipeline and future leaders
- Our partnership with Parents at Work, supporting our carers to effectively manage their work life, wellbeing and caring responsibilities
- Our LGBTIQ+ Pride Network and annual celebration of Pride Day
- Domestic and Family policy and strategy
- Our longstanding Jawun partnership and commitment to the ongoing annual secondment program
- Our Stretch RAP (Reconciliation Action Plan) and active RAP working group
An Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
Perpetual has been recognised by The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for being an employer who is committed to promoting gender equality in Australian workplaces. Perpetual is proud to be a Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the fourth year running.