The Perpetual Ethical SRI Fund has an unquoted unit class and an ASX quoted unit class.
GIVE is a unit class in the Perpetual Ethical SRI Fund that is quoted and traded on the ASX as an Exchange Traded Managed Fund (ETMF). The Perpetual Ethical SRI Fund is an actively managed fund, targeting long-term capital growth and income through investment in quality shares of Australian ethical and socially responsible companies.
The Fund seeks to meet the needs of investors who seek attractive long-term returns by investing in companies that match their own personal social, environmental and ethical preferences.
The Fund will not invest in companies that derive a material proportion (5% or more) of their revenue from the manufacture or sale of generally ethically unacceptable products and services such as the following:
- uranium and nuclear
- armaments (including weapons)*
- fossil fuels (upstream)
- genetic engineering
- animal cruelty (cosmetic testing)
*For involvement in highly controversial activities (production of tobacco, tobacco-based products and the development and production of controversial weapons) a 0% revenue threshold is applied
Companies are also subject to social responsible investment (SRI) screening to evaluate how their practices impact society and the environment.
At the same time, the Fund offers investors all the benefits of Perpetual’s proven investment philosophy and approach. We only invest in a company when we believe its share price is attractive relative to its return potential. Perpetual seeks to hold positions for the long term, provided that the quality of the business remains unchanged and the price remains attractive.
Perpetual is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The Fund aims to:
- Provide long-term capital growth and regular income through investment predominantly in quality shares of Australian ethical and socially responsible companies.
- Outperform the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index (before fees and taxes) over rolling three-year periods.
Features and benefits:
- A Fund for ethical investors. The Fund is designed to meet the needs of investors who want to invest in companies that satisfy a range of social, environmental and ethical considerations.
- Screening Process. An ethical and socially responsible investment screening process seeks to identify quality companies that have satisfied our range of ethical and socially responsible investment criteria.
- Benefit from Perpetual Investments' experience. Exposure to an actively managed, diversified portfolio - based on Perpetual’s proven investment philosophy and approach.
- Flexibility to seek broader opportunities. The Fund can invest in a broad range of companies, including companies not held in the S&P/ASX300 Index. The ability to invest in smaller companies provides the Fund with another potential source of returns.
- Direct access via the ASX to an actively managed, diversified portfolio - based on Perpetual’s proven investment philosophy and approach.
- Ease of access as you can purchase and sell ETMF units through licensed brokers without lengthy paperwork and there is no set minimum investment amount.
OUR ETHICAL SRI SCREENING PROCESS
Perpetual’s Ethical SRI strategy uses the same investment process as the broad Australian equities strategies. However, there is an additional screening process undertaken to develop the investable universe for this strategy, and it requires specialist research.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
All investments carry risk. While it is not possible to identify every risk relevant to your investment, we have provided details of the risks that may affect your investment in the relevant product disclosure statement (PDS).
You can find PDSs and other documents in our resources section. The relevant PDS and other documents can also be found here.
|Monthly Investment Update - May 2022||17/06/2022||Download PDF|
|Monthly Units on Issue and Redemptions - May 2022||07/06/2022||Download PDF|
|Quarterly Portfolio Disclosure - March 2022||31/05/2022||Download PDF|
|Monthly Investment Update - April 2022||23/05/2022||Download PDF|
|Monthly Units on Issue and Redemptions - April 2022||06/05/2022||Download PDF|
Please click here to go to the full list of announcements.
Indicative NAV (iNAV) per unit
# An indicative NAV per Unit (iNAV) for GIVE is published above and updated throughout the ASX Trading Day. The iNAV will be based on the latest mid price of each security, and will take into account proxies (including futures) where a live price is unavailable (for example, if the relevant market is closed). The iNAV reflects the real time movements in stock markets and currencies during the ASX Trading Day and, for securities not trading during the ASX Trading Day, listed proxy instruments selected on the basis of correlations with the underlying investments. The proxies and their correlations with underlying instruments are reviewed regularly and updated as required.
The iNAV represents the best estimate by the Responsible Entity or its appointed agent, IHS Markit of the value per unit in GIVE throughout the trading day. No assurance can be given that the iNAV will be published continuously or that it will be up to date or free from error. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Responsible Entity nor its appointed agent shall be liable to any person who relies on the iNAV.
Frequently Asked Questions
GIVE will be quoted on the ASX, so investors can buy and sell GIVE on the ASX at the prevailing market price through a stockbroker, share trading account or other securities trading platform, much like the process for buying and selling shares.
Generally, a Holder Identification Number (HIN) will be issued to you which allows you to view your ETMF holdings alongside any other listed investments you have.
An indicative net asset value (iNAV) per unit will be published for GIVE during ASX trading hours. See top of this page. The iNAV reflects the estimated NAV per unit during the ASX trading day. It provides a reference point to assist investors in understanding if they are purchasing or selling units in the ETMF at, or close to the NAV per unit.
The Perpetual Ethical SRI Fund has two unit classes:
- Unquoted class – investors can apply for units in this class by applying under the Perpetual Wholesale Funds product disclosure statement and completing the application form or by directing a platform operator to lodge an application. An investor may also redeem by transacting online through myPerpetual or sending us a completed withdrawal form, or directly a platform operator to lodge a withdrawal request.
- Quoted class offered as the Perpetual Ethical SRI Fund (Managed Fund) (ASX: GIVE) – investors can buy and sell units in this unit class on the ASX via their stockbroker, share trading account or other securities trading platform.
The same investment objective and investment strategy applies for both unit classes and is managed by Portfolio Manager, Nathan Hughes. Performance and returns of the unit classes may differ due to different tax treatments, fees and costs. For more information, investors can access the Fund Profile for each unit class on the Perpetual website and read the relevant product disclosure statement. The Target Market Determination is also available on the Perpetual website.
ETMFs trade, clear and settle in the same way as ASX-listed shares. Investors do not need to complete an application form or withdrawal form. Perpetual does not require an investor to apply for a minimum number of units or dollar amount in GIVE.
- Do your research
- Read the PDS available here. You should read the PDS before making any decision on how to invest in the ETMF.
- Learn more about GIVE by visiting www.perpetual.com.au/give or contacting us.
- Contact or access your ASX stockbroker (full service or online) to place a buy order for the ETMF.
None, if you have an existing stockbroking account. Otherwise, refer to a stockbroker for paperwork required.
The price at which you buy and sell units in GIVE on the ASX will be the prevailing market price for GIVE at the time of the transaction.
The market price is generally designed to trade in line with net asset value (NAV) or the indicative net asset value (iNAV) of GIVE. We have engaged an independent agent to calculate and disseminate an iNAV per unit for GIVE. The iNAV per unit will be updated for price movements of an ETMF’s investments through live market prices and if applicable, foreign exchange movements. There may be securities held by the Fund that do not have live market prices during the trading day, in which case (for those securities only), the iNAV will generally reflect only what is considered the best estimate of fair value for such securities. The iNAV provides a reference point to assist investors in understanding if they are purchasing or selling units in the ETMF at, or close to the NAV per unit.
The iNAV and NAV per unit of GIVE are published on Perpetual’s website (see top of this page).
GIVE has a management fee of 0.65% p.a. plus a daily performance fee of 15% of the difference between GIVE’s daily return and its performance hurdle multiplied by GIVE’s adjusted net asset value. The performance hurdle for GIVE is the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.
Perpetual may donate to charity a portion of the performance fee it earns from GIVE. Information about which charities Perpetual donate to and the details of any donations made will be on our website once available.
Refer to the ETMF PDS for further information on the fees for GIVE and how the performance fee works.
For enquiries about your holdings in GIVE, please contact the Unit Registry, Link Market Services:
Phone: 1800 635 323 (8:30am to 5:00pm – Monday to Friday excluding public holidays)
Access the Link Investor Centre by visiting https://investorcentre.linkmarketservices.com.au/Login/Login
In the Investor Centre, you can:
- Register your Australian bank account details so that distribution payments can be made to you
- Register your TFN, ABN or exemption notification
- Choose whether you wish to participate in the Distribution Reinvestment Plan (DRP)
- Provide your tax residency details by completing your FATCA/CRS self-certification
- Elect your communication preference – email or post
- Access distribution and tax statements
- Contact a Link representation via virtual chat if you have any need any assistance
For all fund related enquiries, please contact Perpetual Asset Management Australia.
Phone: 1800 022 033
Years of experience: 17
Years at Perpetual: 11
Nathan is the Portfolio Manager for the Ethical SRI Fund and Income Share Funds, and an analyst.
Nathan joined Perpetual in September 2010 as a Research Analyst, before spending almost two years on the dealing desk at Perpetual working on all Australian Equity strategies as an Equities Dealer. Nathan was then appointed to the role of Equities Analyst covering small cap stocks in 2013. He was promoted to Deputy Portfolio Manager in May 2016, and took on responsibility for managing 50% of the Smaller Companies strategy in 2017.
Prior to joining Perpetual, Nathan spent 6 years in a Chartered Accountancy firm where he was responsible for the affairs of a diverse range of clients, including regular taxation compliance, financial reporting, Self-Managed Superannuation Fund audits and business advisory services.
Nathan holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Wollongong and holds a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? Call us on 1800 022 033
We are here to help you with any enquiries regarding Perpetual Investment products and services, including WealthFocus and your investments