Perpetual’s trustee heritage, size and financial strength makes it the ideal ‘trusted intermediary’ for clients requiring a range of agency and escrow services.
For clients seeking a partner to act as escrow, facility or paying agent, Perpetual provides the reassurance of a long history, process efficiency and industry expertise.
Scale and strength
Trusted and independent
Perpetual acts as an independent party, holding assets on trust for the benefit of all parties in an escrow arrangement. These services extend to:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Project financing
- Private equity
- Capital market transactions
- Liquidations and workouts
- Court case settlements
- Intellectual property transactions
- Listed and unlisted securities
As Facility Agent, Perpetual acts on behalf of the lenders in debt financing transactions.
This service may include:
- Performing calculations in accordance with the transaction documents
- Seeking instructions from the lenders
- Arranging meetings of the lenders and instructing the security trustee in accordance with the lender’s directions
As Paying Agent, Perpetual maintains bank accounts on behalf of the lenders (or other parties) in accordance with the transaction documents. This role may be in conjunction with our role as Facility Agent or as a separate role.