Not-for-Profit (NFP) organisations enrich every aspect of our community. From education and social services, from sport to the arts and medical research, they make Australia a better place.
At Perpetual, we know the value of every endowment dollar is measured in what it can do for the community. We help charities:
Expertly manage their endowment investments
We help boards establish investment committees and design and implement sound investment policies and strategies to protect and grow their funds and provide future income.
Enhance leadership and governance
We share the latest insights on issues including financial sustainability, board leadership, fundraising and engaging with donors.
Access funding opportunities from the many charitable trusts we manage
Our annual IMPACT Philanthropy Application Program gives your charity the opportunity to apply for grants. These grants have funded initiatives in arts and culture, education, conservation and the environment, social welfare, medical research and more.
Engaging with philanthropists
Our philanthropist clients appreciate our introductions to well-governed organisations aligned with their giving vision.
Governance, policy, strategy
For many NFPs, the key decisions are around investment governance: the investment policy statement, investment committee, strategic investing, benchmarking and more. Perpetual can help you build the right governance structures and assist with crucial decisions like manager selection.
We manage approximately 1,000 charitable trusts and endowments worth $2.7 billion (as at 30 June 2018) and distribute over $100 million to eligible charitable beneficiaries annually.
Once the vital groundwork – your investment governance – is in place, Perpetual can help you manage endowment capital, applying all the expertise we’ve gained from managing endowment funds over many decades.
We can help you:
- Develop or review your investment policy statement
- Determine your risk profile and the appropriate strategic asset allocation
- Research the range of investments aligned to your needs and asset allocation strategy and implement those investment decisions
- Provide regular and comprehensive investment reporting and investment insights.
Our investment philosophy is centred on protecting your endowment and creating long term value:
- We are prudent
- We aim to protect clients’ wealth by minimising downside risk
- Our recommendations are based on the belief that quality investments will yield greater benefits in the long-run
- We are responsive to your needs and offer long-term strategic investment advice.
Perpetual believes great leadership and governance will build not-for-profit organisations that enhance the communities they work in. That’s why help we develop the skills of their leaders through our partnership with Stanford University's Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society.
Perpetual is proud to support research into the issues facing NFPs and philanthropists.
QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH
- Pivotal people, pivotal journeys: Interim report on the impact of a fundraising study tour on CEOs and their organisations
- Who's asking for what? Fundraising and leadership in Australian nonprofits
- Foundations for giving: why and how Australians structure their philanthropy
- A transformational role: Donor and charity perspectives on major giving in Australia
- Keeping giving going: charitable bequests and Australians
- Every player wins a prize? Family provision applications and bequests to charity
SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH
Scott's specific focus is working with not-for-profit entities and endowments to manage and protect their investment assets.
Scott joined Perpetual after a 30 year career in global financial institutions, having worked for a number of blue-chip investment and institutional banks in Australia and abroad.
He has a Masters in Applied Finance, a Bachelor of Commerce and a Diploma in Financial Planning, is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Trustee Fellow of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia. He is a Board Member of the Nature Conservation Trust of NSW and of the Cemeteries and Crematoria Agency of NSW.
Scott is a member of the Perpetual Trust Company Investment Committee.
Daniel is the Partner of VIC’s Not For Profit and Medical division.
He has a deep understanding of the unique needs and strategic objectives of not-for-profit organisations and helps them develop best practice investment policies as well as connecting them with Perpetual’s philanthropic resources.
Prior to joining Perpetual, Daniel was Senior Financial Adviser to the Private Clients of Halifax Bank of Scotland Australia (HBOSA) and HSBC Bank Australia.
His international experience was gained in Canada as a Financial Adviser for nine years with Assante Capital Management.
What defines NFPs is their concern for others. Our advice and investment management improve sustainability - helping NFPs do good, for longer.