We seek to resolve matters as quickly and fairly as possible to our clients’ satisfaction, while upholding the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
Our first priority is to seek to resolve any issue through our complaints process. However, in any instances involving legal disputes, we are committed to acting honestly, fairly and with integrity and commit to following ‘Model Litigant’ guidelines by:
- Seeking to facilitate the just, quick and inexpensive resolution of issues
- Dealing with matters promptly and not causing unnecessary delay
- Where litigation cannot be avoided, minimising the costs of litigation by:
- Not requiring the other party to prove a matter which Perpetual knows to be true
- Not contesting liability if Perpetual knows that the dispute is really about quantum
- Not undertaking or pursuing an appeal unless Perpetual believes it has reasonable prospects of success