Careers at Perpetual
As one of Australia’s leading wealth managers and financial market service providers, we employ some of the most talented professionals in their fields.
In March 2012 Perpetual was one of 23 organisations within the Australian financial services industry to be awarded 'Employer of Choice for Women' status for 2012 through the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA), meeting stringent criteria to qualify for this prestigious citation.
Our unique heritage in Australia, as a trustee company that grew to become a leading wealth manager, has created a culture that values quality and integrity in everything we do. That’s why Perpetual experience is so highly valued throughout the industry.
Whether you’re starting your career or looking for your next challenge, we can provide the opportunity for you to make the most of your ability and ambitions.
Working at Perpetual
Our company culture revolves around four core values which describe how we work with our clients, investors, partners and colleagues:
- We are trustworthy
- We keep raising the bar
- We consistently deliver
- We succeed together
We focus on our clients in everything we do. We encourage and reward initiative and achievement. We behave openly and honestly and work hard at building lasting relationships, both within and outside the company.
We encourage our employees to question, learn and grow with us. Above all, we want our people to enjoy their time at Perpetual - to make friends and share life’s experiences along the way.
We have a strong commitment to diversity and recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, knowledge, experiences and abilities. Read our Diversity Policy.
Perpetual offers a diverse range of specialist, support and management roles including:
- Finance and investment
- Service and administration
- Marketing and sales
- Information technology
Most of our roles are based in our headquarters in Sydney as well as in our regional offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
We also offer job opportunities through our Graduate Program. We seek graduates from a wide variety of disciplines and offer roles in areas such as investment management, financial planning, finance, information technology, marketing and sales, human resources, and legal.
Our Program is designed to encourage and challenge graduates, providing a number of benefits and rotations to develop their skills and knowledge.
Find out more about our Graduate Program, including how to apply.
We aim to pay people in line with their skills and experience. Most employees are also eligible to participate in our incentive schemes which provide additional financial rewards based on their performance and achievement of company targets.
We also provide a broad range of other staff benefits including:
- paid maternity leave
- contribution leave, which provides an additional five days of leave each year to certain staff
- insurance cover including salary continuance
- discounts for financial products and services
- career development and training opportunities
- study assistance
- the opportunity to participate in charitable volunteering through our Staff Giving program
- a range of discount benefits through business partner alliances.
Our recruitment process
At Perpetual we believe our greatest assets are our people. We encourage our employees to question, learn and grow with us.
We have a dedicated team to manage our recruitment process and ensure candidates are kept informed throughout, receiving timely feedback every step of the way.
Although the precise timeline, number of steps and evaluation process does vary somewhat across our organisation and divisions, the standard process for most positions is as follows:
- Application. To apply for a role at Perpetual you can contact our recruitment team at email@example.com. You should include details of the position you are applying for and a copy of your CV along with any other relevant supporting documents. One of our recruitment specialists will review your application and get back to you.
- Interviews. The interview process is an opportunity for you to get to know our organisation and to find out more about the role for which you have applied. It is also an opportunity for us to assess your skills and experience. Interviews can take place with a member of the recruitment team, human resources, and/or managers from the relevant area.
- Assessment. We use a range of assessments, including psychometric assessment and technical skills testing to provide additional objective, reliable and relevant information about the likelihood of job success and satisfaction.
- Reference checks. Following interviews and assessment we will ask your permission to obtain references from your previous employers.
- Employment screening. Employment screening is a requirement for all providers of financial services to ensure that the people working in the industry are honest and competent.
At Perpetual, we screen all new employees before they are appointed to a permanent position. If your application has been successful and you have accepted a verbal offer of employment you will be required as a minimum to undertake the following checks:
- criminal history check
- identity check
- employment verification
- banned and disqualified persons check
- candidates for roles which involve providing financial advice will be required to undertake additional checks.
To find out more about job opportunities, or to join our potential talent pool, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and any details of your job and career interests. One of our recruitment specialists will be in touch. Alternatively, set up a job alert.